A Colorado Summer

This summer, fresh out of college with my bachelor's degree, I took a position with the Nature Conservancy in Colorado. The internship is on a 100,000 acre cattle and bison ranch located in the San Luis Valley. The ranch is nestled between the mountains and only 15 minutes from the Sand Dunes here. It should be an interesting summer before I head off to California in search of permanent employment. Stay tuned....

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fibark


On my way back to the ranch, I stopped in Salida to stretch my legs and check out the annual Fibark festival along the Arkansas River. The things some of these people were doing in their kayaks was amazing. Makes me want to pick up a paddle and learn! (Mommy, it puts the adventure, or misadventure as it was, we had to shame I am afraid!) I also had the best strawberry lemonade ever. They had the streets closed down and rides up for the kids. It was a well orchestrated and heavily attended event. see the website for more info.... http://www.fibark.net/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home