A Colorado Summer

This summer, fresh out of college with my bachelor's degree, I took a position with the Nature Conservancy in Colorado. The internship is on a 100,000 acre cattle and bison ranch located in the San Luis Valley. The ranch is nestled between the mountains and only 15 minutes from the Sand Dunes here. It should be an interesting summer before I head off to California in search of permanent employment. Stay tuned....

Sunday, June 18, 2006



The cows look like they are dreading their fate, don't they? The blonde is Chrissy, the Inn's Outreach Coordinator in charge of all workshops. She is about my age and really fun so we have been hanging out. Best of all, she stays on the ranch on weekends while Julie goes home to her boyfriend. Not that I blame her. I would certainly go home to Brian every weekend if it was feasible! But it is nice to have someone to hike around with and go bug the cowboys with. She has a big crush on the ranch manager, Jeff, who is in the previous blog holding the hormone gun. It has been like a little soap opera here and very interesting. Fidel, the Inn manager, calls it As the Sand Blows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home