A Colorado Summer

This summer, fresh out of college with my bachelor's degree, I took a position with the Nature Conservancy in Colorado. The internship is on a 100,000 acre cattle and bison ranch located in the San Luis Valley. The ranch is nestled between the mountains and only 15 minutes from the Sand Dunes here. It should be an interesting summer before I head off to California in search of permanent employment. Stay tuned....

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Window



The Sunday before Memorial Day I drove out to Del Norte and hiked around. It was gorgeous there and one fascinating thing I saw was this natural arch which eroded out of a volcanic dike. It is a short hike up to the "window", as the locals call it, but straight up and the very last stretch requires you to use your hands to reach the top. Quite the view! One of those little white dots in the second picture is the Taurus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home