A Colorado Summer

This summer, fresh out of college with my bachelor's degree, I took a position with the Nature Conservancy in Colorado. The internship is on a 100,000 acre cattle and bison ranch located in the San Luis Valley. The ranch is nestled between the mountains and only 15 minutes from the Sand Dunes here. It should be an interesting summer before I head off to California in search of permanent employment. Stay tuned....

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The House



This is the house where I am staying. We are set back away from the inn so it is pretty quiet. Don't let the seemingly idealic white picket fence fool you though. Inside that fence is a dusty mess of horse scat and dead mice. I saw two just this morning. Go Carl, Go! (he's Blake's cat!) But the house does boast beautiful views of both the mountains and the prairies behind it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home